After 13 years of owning The Fox and 12 years living aboard and cruising, it occurred to us that we could improve our tropical sailing experience by having a stainless steel arch installed on the stern, to support a couple of solar panels, a more stable cockpit shade cover, and whatever else we could dream up. And so we began a To-Do list, the following of which we completed within 2 weeks:
- Hire Rick aboard s/v Cape Starr in Marina Mazatlan to design and build the stern arch.
- Remove our KISS wind generator and support pole and struts from the stern to make way for the future stern arch.
- Sell the KISS wind generator.
- Remove and sell the stern's stainless steel radar pole and outboard engine mount.
- Clean the engine following Rick's instructions.
- Hire Rick to perform engine inspection and maintenance, including valve adjustments, injector service, water pump inspection, head torque, heat exchanger cleaning, check manifold intake and head gaskets.
- GB to inspect & tighten engine mounts.
- MS to sell paper charts and cruising guides no longer in use or needed.
- GB to caulk one leaky stanchion.
- MS to sew 6 tote bags and one portfolio with scrap material from former main sail.